I run in the heat...I like running after work which usually means the hottest time of the day...
Here are some of my tips for Running in the Heat...I just completed 6km and it was 30 degrees (86) but felt more like 40 degrees (102)
1. Wear good technical clothing...no cotton...that is rotten
2. HAT or Visor!!!!!!
3. Wear Sunscreen
4. Hydrate!!!...but most importantly BRING EXTRA (Today I ran with my Camel Back as it holds more)
5. Wear a Heart Rate Monitor....keep track of where your heart is at...
6. Take breaks when needed!!
7. Run to a SPLASH PAD...these things are the best...the kids always get a kick out of me running through them too...
8. Run early in the morning or later at night (I ran at 4:45pm tonight...not smart...but I love having the rest of my night free)
9. Bring some cash with you on your run so you can stop for a cold drink, freezie, Popsicle etc...I didn't do it this time but I am having a craving for a blue freezie!!
10. Replace those electrolytes....don't forget to hydrate with a water substitute if needed...On days like today I will have a V8 with my lunch just to make sure I have enough sodium for my run!
Do you run in the HEAT? Any other tips or suggestions???