Thursday, August 2, 2012

July Review

Early in July I began my taper for Muncie 70.3... Then Muncie 37.2 happened....I honestly was not prepared to put more intense time in the pool, bike and running...I was and still am a bit worn out....However I knew in my heart I needed to attempt another 70.3 and so I have registered for...

  
July In Numbers:

Swimming: 8000m (This is probably closer to about 11000m or 11k...I had 4 outdoor 20minute swims...probably 750m each minimum). Not as high as I would have liked and well it is Aug and I haven't even been to the pool yet...it is what it is....the swimming is about finishing for me...totally not time...


Cycling: 449km This is my highest cycling number to date. Most likely because of the MS bike tour...I am feeling good about this and happy with where I am....


 Running: 116km VERY low for me....eek.....not great....I wish I had run more....but alas it is what it is...actually I have had some good tempo runs recently....I know that I will get my speed back after the 70.3. Night now it is about feeling comfortable, steady and strong after rides....



17 more days until Steelhead. I am battling a pretty bad Sinus infection at the moment...So I have missed the pool 2x this week and may not get there tomorrow...the pressure is very uncomfortable...my goal is simply to finish with a huge smile on my face at Steelhead...I have no time goals just have fun! Now here are some pictures of my Muncie Race...the Hubby did an amazing job. Also a HUGE shout-out to my next door neighbour who organized the BEST welcome home party a girl could ask for :)























Happy August Everyone!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great that you are registered for another 70.3! Hope you are feeling great by then! Happy training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an incredible amount to me! Love the pics:) GREAT smile:)

    ReplyDelete