Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Love Actually...

After running races and training cycles we always come out with lessons learned etc...I have always had a hate relationship with gels/sports drinks and general gastro issues...I had learned nothing....UNTIL this training cycle where I found Nuun and now my newest love...I actually look forward to my long runs so I can take this latest gel...

For years I stuck to the fruity flavoured gels...I thought that the vanilla,espresso or chocolate would just taste fake and horrible...As a chocolate snob I refused to try any of those as I thought I would hate the taste and be left thirsty...Well this weekend I tried..

It was the BEST...I love chocolate and have NO idea of why I haven't tried this before...I actually think it fooled my stomach when taking it because for the first time EVER I had no GASTRO issues while running...

Lesson learned...try try and try again and you will find something that works for you and your stomach...and really it might just be love actually...

2 comments:

  1. i love love love the chocolate outrage GU. :) the chocolate mint is super good also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh...I might just have to try it...the mint might add a nice bit of freshness!

    ReplyDelete