Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"If you can dream it, you can do it!" ~ Walt Disney





4 more sleeps! Chicago isn't just a dream anymore...it is here!! I am so excited! I have mass amounts of laundry and haven't really even thought about packing...I actually feel that I need to write my Marathon Goals down and send them all over the internet before I can focus on the easy stuff (I like packing)

I have 3 goals...


c) I know I can: PR: Sub 5:39:48 (2007 Toronto Goodlife Marathon)

B) I think I can: Sub 5:00:00

A) I hope I can Sub 4:45:00 (This is a big dream for me...I do believe it will happen...it might not be on 10-10-10 but I know it will)


After the 30km race in August where I had a 3:09:53 McMillan Running Calculator says that I should be able to do a 4:33:31 ....I have done a 22.6km Run and a 16km at above Marathon Pace of 6:30/km and felt quite comfortable....but I am still relatively new to this whole Marathoning thing....I almost feel as this is my first Marathon all over again...I know there were be lots learned along those 42.2km's....

Things I need to remember:
  • I have trained harder than ever before
  • I have found a new love of running
  • I have had great results (Tempo Runs, A Mid-Summer Nights Run etc)
  • I am excited...Chicago Marathon is just the beginning...I know that...I NEVER thought I would run another Marathon after 2007...it was a really great experience...but I do know that Chicago 10-10-10 is just the tip of the iceberg...
  • I trust my training
  • I believe in myself
Good Luck to all of those running this weekend! Thank you so much to everyone who has read my blog, become a follower and encouraged me the whole way...Your comments are always so appreciated and the fact that you take time from your busy lives to read about some runner in London, ON, CANADA means a lot to me. I feel very luck to have such great supports.



Thank you to those who listened endlessly to my Marathon talk...I know it sometimes probably felt like this:




Happy Running....

11 comments:

  1. Best of luck this weekend. I too am running the Chicago Marathon!!! I think all I talk about too is "Marathon".

    Positive thoughts- you will do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this weekend, and have fun, you are definitely ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! You are going to rock Chi-town! The course is flat, the weather should be good, you've done the training - you are set for a huge PR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!!! Have fun!!! You'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck this weekend! you will do amazing!!! :D can't wait to read about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I am sure that you will do great! But most of all, remember to enjoy it! I cannot wait to hear all about it upon your return!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are all set! I have only followed along for the tail end of your training, but you've put in the work! Time to enjoy your "victory lap"! GO FOR IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have worked so hard and for so long for this
    You will be amazing.!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like your head is in the right place to do awesome this weekend! Good luck and have fun!! Can't wait to read your race report.

    ReplyDelete