Thursday, August 5, 2010

Some Inspriation from www.amazon.ca

I have read on Multiple Blogs about the book "Born to Run" and the DVD "Spirit of the Marathon"...I figure with only 65 days until Chicago I could use some extra inspiration as I am heading into the "thick" of it....This weekend will be my first 29km run!!

So I picked these up and will do a little review....I am pretty excited!!! I ordered them on Tuesday and they got here today! Had a good 8km today...It started pretty sluggish but I picked it up at the end which made me pretty happy...Although running on my own is tough I know that mentally it will prepare me for the 42.2km....






Also...I officially signed up for the Midsummer Nights 30km Run in Toronto...I am looking forward to practicing my pacing and having a training run that is "fun". There are a few members from my running group going as well..I have heard great things...This will be my first 30km race a PB for sure!

Off to read!

3 comments:

  1. I just watched that movie yesterday! It made me very glad I'm registered for Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I love spirit of the marathon!!! You'll love it too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. thanks for the comment, very motivating :D and you'll do great on your 29k run!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete