Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday Run and Yummy Dinner

Hi All,


Tonight was an easy 6km....no tempo just relaxed...there were quite a few of us who ran the entire route together so it was nice to chat today and not be so serious...only 5 more sleeps until RETINA!! So exciting!

Tonight when I got home from work I decided that I would make dinner before hand so that when I came home from running all I had to do was re-heat dinner...I enjoy having a hot meal after running...lately I have been getting Subway on Tuesday nights which is great...but a home cooked meal is even better..

I got this recipe from www.kraft.ca

It is super easy and really tasty...You make it in one pot (dutch oven) so there is hardly any clean up...a good source of protein, carbs and veggies...

Creamy Rice, Chicken and Spinach Dinner
http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/creamy-rice-chicken-spinach-91744.aspx

1/4 cup Kraft Signature Roasted Red Pepper with Parmesan Dressing
1 lb. (450 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 can (10 fl oz/284 mL) 25%-less-sodium chicken broth
1-1/2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
125 g (1/2 of 250-g pkg.) Philadelphia Light Brick Cream Cheese Spread, cubed
6 oz. (170 g) baby spinach leaves (8 cups packed leaves)
1 large tomato, chopped
2 Tbsp. Kraft 100% Parmesan Light Grated Cheese
Make It!

HEAT dressing in large deep skillet or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 min. Add broth; bring to boil. Stir in rice; return to boil. Cover; simmer on medium heat 5 min.

ADD cream cheese; cook, uncovered, until completely melted, stirring occasionally. Add spinach (skillet will be full); cover. Cook 2 min. or until spinach is wilted; stir gently.

REMOVE from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 min. Stir in tomatoes; sprinkle with Parmesan.



I love stuff like this because chances are I already have the ingredients to make it...it does not involve a lot of work and it is REALLY tasty!



Some of the ingredients!



I promise you it tastes great! The picture does not do it justice!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the receipe.....looks yummy can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete